LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to file for time

Hi,

i did not find a example in labview to make it with reference there are some exampels how to do this? I really would like this idea right now i make it like in the attachment. 

The statemachine looks similar to this ln the attachment, as soon it gets in in the logging state it records the first 10s and write it to a tdms file or may use a binary file, then in recording it reads the data and write it to a new tdms file. 

THanks a lot 

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(325 Views)

Hi

I am not able to see your code as it is in higher versin. can you post it here in LV verison 12.

I have attached sample state machine in which i have handled file ref.

You can refer it.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(313 Views)

@Martin88 wrote:

The statemachine looks similar to this ln the attachment, as soon it gets in in the logging state it records the first 10s and write it to a tdms file or may use a binary file, then in recording it reads the data and write it to a new tdms file.

I don't understand why you are stuck on using an intermediate file.  Just log straight to your final TDMS file and be done with it.  That eliminates a step in the process and makes things more efficient.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(299 Views)

Hi,

why do you delete the data after 10 seconds and not after 1 second? Do you do anything but saving with these data?

How to use s shift register for saving a reference is shown in the exampl I've attached in the last topic, post 16.

Kind Regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(291 Views)

Hi guys,

i think the best way is to just write it to direct stream it to tdms file. May also the statemchine with reference could work. I have another problem i just want to record 10s after i changed to another state, so i set a timer (10s) with no auto reset. I make a reset every time i change to another state the problem is i change to daq state but the boolan stays on true i would like to change it just if the state changes. 

THanks a lot guys

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(276 Views)