From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my pci-6052e configured as both traditional daq and daqmx in MAX?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a three year old computer with 1GB RAM and a 3.00GHz CPU running Windows Server 2003.  It was previously used for motion control experiments and has both a 7333 motion control card and a PCI-6052E.  Now all I want to do is sample data from a pressure transducer and a flow meter using the PCI-6052E, but for some reason this card is set up in MAX as both a DAQmx device and a Traditional DAQ (Leagcy) deivce.  Unfortunately when I go to write the VI in LabVIEW 8.2, the only DAQ tools available are DAQmx and in MAX my two instruments are setup in Traditional DAQ.

If there is only one PCI-6052E card in the computer, why does MAX have a PCI-6052E card  called dev3 in DAQmx and a PCI-6052E card as dev1 in Traditional DAQ?  How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,346 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris_P_SD

Cpesko,

I am glad to here you got a few things working under Windows Server 2003.  We do not however support any software under this OS except what is listed here.

TDAQ and DAQmx are 2 different drivers and it is expected behavior that devices that support both would show up under each driver.

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,331 Views)
Thanks for the response -- it's sort of working now, so I guess the issue wasn't that my PCI-6052E was associated with both TDAQ and DAQmx.  So in DAQmx I can see the the signals from both transducers in the test panel and I created a custom scale for each transducer.  When I try to split the signals using the signal selector and display them on separate strip charts, I'm only able to choose one of the custom scales in the Properties menu.  Shouldn't both custom scales be available, or ate least the scale associated with a given signal on its strip chart?  I'm attaching a screen snapshot of the vi in case it's helpful.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,322 Views)