From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get error -2147352573 with an ethernet connection

I am using LabVIEW to send string commands to a Gemini GV6K controller/driver (Parker/Hannafin Corporation), which then controls a single axis servo motor. The ethernet connection that I am using is functional (I tested it with another software program--Motion Planner), but does not work through LabVIEW. How do I fix this problem? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,586 Views)
Rochester,
That type of error usually ocurrs with AcitveX. I don't believe that it has anything to do with your ethernet card. What is the fist node in your block diagram that throws this error? Are you calling an external application? Post to let us know. Thanks!

Chris C
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,576 Views)

Yes, I am calling an external application with the same address as the ethernet card. The application is a Gemini GV6K controller/driver purchased from Parker Hannafin Corporation (www.parkermotion.com), and is used to drive a rotary servo motor. What needs to be done with Active X? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,570 Views)
The first node in my block diagram is an invoke node VI, followed by a property node VI, followed by several other invoke node VIs. The error even occurs at the tunnel for case structures, while loops, and for loops. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,567 Views)
Thank you very much for your help. I changed the Active X class and the problem was solved.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,562 Views)