Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the channel definition stored

In LabVIEW and LabWindows/CVI, when you plug in a USB digital I/O device, the Ports must be defined as channels. Where is this information stored if I want to move a Project from one machine to another please?
While speaking of machine portability, how do I install the Professional Development System after I have installed the Full Development System? Un-installing LabVIEW FDS and re-installing PDS still leaves me with FDS, there must be registry issues. We have licences for both and I want to upgrade some lab PC's.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,292 Views)
The channels should stay the same from machine to machine. The device id can change however. Best solution would be to have some sort of setup panel in your program where you can select the channel(s) to use. Another option is to open MAX (Measurement and automation explorer), see what your device is listed as (I.E. dev1), then open MAX on ther other computer and make sure the device is showing up as the same devX number. If not you can change it in MAX.

refer to http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=330428
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,283 Views)
Hi kazinoz,

In addition to what Steven posted, you will only need to change your activation to move from LabVIEW Full to Professional. This can be done in the NI License Manager. Additional information on product activation can be found in this article.

Regards,
Kent
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,254 Views)
The MAX configuration can be exported to another machine, I have found by using >File>Export. This opens the Configuration Export Wizard which enables me to export an NI Configuration Export File (.nce). This can then be moved to another PC and imported using MAX. This info is for any other users who need it. I have solved my problem, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,233 Views)