From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can one fine TCP socet server and client example VI's for Labview 6.0

We've inherited an older system containing two PXI systems and one PC.  The Labview -6.0 programs running on the three systems need to be rewritten from ground zero.

In hopes of saving a great amount of time, I am looking for a couple of TCP socket VI's that can be used to set up communications between the applications.  There doesn't appear to be a backwards compatibility from examples found in newer versions of Labview.

Thanks,
KGTang

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,276 Views)

@kgtang wrote:
We've inherited an older system containing two PXI systems and one PC.  The Labview -6.0 programs running on the three systems need to be rewritten from ground zero.

In hopes of saving a great amount of time, I am looking for a couple of TCP socket VI's that can be used to set up communications between the applications.  There doesn't appear to be a backwards compatibility from examples found in newer versions of Labview. 

Why backwards compatibility?

Look in examples/comm/tcpex.llb. Those examples are still mostly unchanged in the newer LabVIEW versions too.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,270 Views)
Hello KGTang,

From your post, I take it that you will be developing the new version of the code in pieces but that you'd like this code to communicate with the original code that will still be running? If this is the case, which example is it that you'd like to be backwards compatible?

You don't necessarily need the VIs to be compatible with each other. As long as they both correctly utilize TCP communication, it doesn’t really matter how they work. It is likely that we will be able to find TCP host and client VIs in each version of LabVIEW that you are working in that should accomplish this task. Please post back if you need any assistance with this. Thanks!

Mike D.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,259 Views)