Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find VST drivers for LabVIEW 2024?

@cgiustini wrote:

Yes, exactly I want to change the FPGA. That is still possible on the latest VST hardware/software right?  Or do you know if that capability was removed?

I don't have hardware just yet so I cannot test whether or not RFSA and RFSG software front panels or examples work. But I do know that at least the soft front panels are there, which indicates that RFSA and RFSG software has been correctly installed.

Yes,  you can still use a custom bitfile.  I believe you need NI RIO drivers.  NI RIO will be encluded with the hardware.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(269 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@cgiustini wrote:

Yes, exactly I want to change the FPGA. That is still possible on the latest VST hardware/software right?  Or do you know if that capability was removed?

I don't have hardware just yet so I cannot test whether or not RFSA and RFSG software front panels or examples work. But I do know that at least the soft front panels are there, which indicates that RFSA and RFSG software has been correctly installed.

Yes,  you can still use a custom bitfile.  I believe you need NI RIO drivers.  NI RIO will be encluded with the hardware.

I think RIO driver is the term used when LV FPGA first came out when there were less product lines.  As above, the term is still used.  These days I recommend being more product line specific (e.g., FlexRIO, R Series, cRIO).

To load a custom bitfile into any of the 1st and 2nd gen VSTs, see https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000g2pKSAQ&l=en-US.  You just need the RFSA and RFSG drivers.

VST3 (5842) does not currently show anything in the documents I checked.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(242 Views)

@JÞB wrote:
I would be looking at RFmx. RFmx (Radio Frequency Measurement eXperience) builds on top of RGSA / RFSG similar to how DAQmx replaced Traditional DAQ. I would certainly have expected that pre-RFmx IDL support would be obsoleted by now.

Check licensing for this.  RFmx is not free, see https://www.ni.com/en/shop/wireless-design-test/application-software-for-wireless-design-test-catego...

RFmx will be a replacement to RFSG and RFSA when there is a part that is free (as part of hardware purchase).

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(240 Views)

@cgiustini wrote:

I recommend getting an official answer directly from NI.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(237 Views)

Hi again

Found the IDL download location for the now very old versions, and NI's statement about that :

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000g2pUSAQ&l=da-DK

Quote : "For the majority of use cases, NI recommends using the pre-compiled reference FPGA image provided with NI-RFSA, NI-RFSG, and NI-RFmx."

softball_0-1710615678252.png

softball_1-1710615751109.png

There are only downloads for these LV 2013 to 2015 compatible IDL versions :

softball_2-1710615912553.png

Here :

https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/drivers/download.labview-instrument-design-libraries-for-vec...

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(220 Views)