Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find VST drivers for LabVIEW 2024?

Hi,

I am trying to get my system setup for developing an application involving FPGA programming of RF vector signal transceiver (VST). I am using LabVIEW 2024 installed including the FPGA module.

I plan on eventually using the more recent VSTs, but for now I am using an older model, the 5644R. My issue right now is that I cannot find/install the software that allows me to for instance create the basic VST streaming example, as mentioned here: https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/ni-rf-vst/page/measurementsampleproject.html

Per that link, it sounds like I need to install the "PXIe-5644/5645/5646 instrument design libraries". However, searching this in the NI package manager yields nothing. I have installed a bunch of other drivers like NI-RFSA and NI-RFSG while looking for this, but those have not added the required code/examples to create the VST streaming example.

I also have found/downloaded drivers from https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/drivers/download.labview-instrument-design-libraries-for-vec... but I am not able to install because they are for older versions of LabVIEW.

Does anyone know what I need to get and properly install the right drivers for both older and newer VSTs?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(607 Views)

It sounds like you have older versions of hardware that NI introduced quite a few years ago.  Call your NI sales rep and mention you have the old hardware, want to purchase the new 58xx series (which cost $$$$$-$$$$$$), but first want to evaluate your existing PXIe-5644R, and need help getting LabVIEW configured to use it.  Ask for help.

You might be able to download the drivers for the 58xx series, and they might be backward-compatible -- suggest to the Sales Rep that he pass on this question to the RF software team.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 15
(585 Views)

Thanks for the answer, that makes sense.

Do you know where the 58xx series drivers are?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(564 Views)

Look for the RFSA and RFSG drivers.

The VST IDL for the 564x products stopped at I think 2015. This was for being able to change the FPGA of the VST.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(540 Views)

@Terry_ALE wrote:

Look for the RFSA and RFSG drivers.

The VST IDL for the 564x products stopped at I think 2015. This was for being able to change the FPGA of the VST.

And I cannot find where the IDL can be downloaded from.

I recommend reaching out directly to NI.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(538 Views)
I would be looking at RFmx. RFmx (Radio Frequency Measurement eXperience) builds on top of RGSA / RFSG similar to how DAQmx replaced Traditional DAQ. I would certainly have expected that pre-RFmx IDL support would be obsoleted by now.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(518 Views)

Hi

This VIPM description may guide the search direction for the IDL :

softball_0-1710513374055.png

Maybe somebody knows where the highlighted software can be found. It was not part of any normal distribution I know of. Maybe it was delivered with the hardware on a CD those many years ago.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(513 Views)

I have tried installing RFSA, RFSG, RFmx, etc... but none of them seem to come with the VST drivers and VST sample projects etc...

I am trying to get in touch with an NI person that can help with this. I will post an update.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(474 Views)

@cgiustini wrote:

I have tried installing RFSA, RFSG, RFmx, etc... but none of them seem to come with the VST drivers and VST sample projects etc...

I am trying to get in touch with an NI person that can help with this. I will post an update.

Just to confirm, you wish to change the FPGA, yes?

Stepping back, you are able to run RFSA Spectrum acquire and RFSG Generate example VIs on your VST?

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(470 Views)

Yes, exactly I want to change the FPGA. That is still possible on the latest VST hardware/software right?  Or do you know if that capability was removed?

I don't have hardware just yet so I cannot test whether or not RFSA and RFSG software front panels or examples work. But I do know that at least the soft front panels are there, which indicates that RFSA and RFSG software has been correctly installed.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(463 Views)