From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's this crap on my plot legend? And; how to get rid of it?

Forgive the lack of a technical term; but what's the crap (shading/vertical lines) added to the mini-plot previews on the Plot Legend on this XY Graph in LV2012 SP1?

CrapLegend.png

And how do i get rid of it to make it look more like the original (e.g., just a solid color background)?

NoCrapLegend.png

I would normally specifcally identify these parts by name; yet it appears these parts have no name:

Screen Shot 2013-03-11 at 6.20.33 PM.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,826 Views)

Figured it out: it's from setting the Plot Area:Colors:BG Color property to Transparent. Changing this to a solid color likewise changes the preview to a solid color.

TransparentBackground.png

Bonus points: who can describe those design elements that appear when plot area is transparent? This is not a trick question; i don't know the answer, and am curious.

Message 2 of 8
(2,817 Views)

My first thought was transparency, but I tried it and cannot make the background of the legend transparent.

Edit. After your second post. I cannot make it transparent from the FP with the coloring tools, although I did not try very long.  I may have missed the magic pixel.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,815 Views)

@JackDunaway wrote:

Bonus points: who can describe those design elements that appear when plot area is transparent?

Plot preview underflooring?

Keeping things synchronised with the title of the thread:

Undercrap.

Shane.

Message 5 of 8
(2,746 Views)

Did you try the shovel tool (only in 2013 beta).  Great for removing crap from both block diagrams and front panels. 

shovel tool.png

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 6 of 8
(2,734 Views)

Paul,

I think that tool is only in the 2023 beta.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,725 Views)

@tst wrote:

@JackDunaway wrote:

Bonus points: who can describe those design elements that appear when plot area is transparent?

Plot preview underflooring?

those are called DFIR joists

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,705 Views)