LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with the errors here?

Hi all,
My run arrow is unbroken, but my error list shows four errors (and numerous warnings). I have always thought that errors caused broken run arrows? In my error list, snapshot below (with some confidential info smeared out), I get 4 errors and 68 warnings. If I uncheck the Show Warnings tag, the warnings and errors disappear! (second snapshot below). Anyone know what's up here? If it helps, I've included the strict type-defined cluster that the errors are referring to.

My second confusing issue: I'm not sure I understand how a front panel control based on strict type-defined cluster can have an undefined type? If it's referring to some of the elements within the cluster (which are all refnums) then there's nothing I can do as three of them are string refnums and have the "Include type def" option ghosted out!? (they can be seen as the three controls without red stars in the third snapshot).

Anyone with any pearls of wisdom?

Cheers,
Thoric

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,663 Views)
Does this happen with any VI that uses this control, or with a specific VI? If it happens with any VI, then it's possible the control has become corrupted. I would suggest recreating it from scratch. You can close all VIs that use it, then back up the control, create it new, and then save it under the same filename so that when VIs open they will use the new control.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,633 Views)
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to try this tomorrow as I have no time left today. Also, I'm using Source Control, so it'll take me a moment to figure out how to do this! Smiley Very Happy

Will post the result in the morning! Smiley Happy

Thoric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,622 Views)
Am a glutton for punishment. Tried this from home, replaced the strict type-defined cluster of indicator refnums with a new custom control - identical in design. Reloaded main vi from project and all is well Smiley Happy
Most bizarre bug there though. Have had things get corrupted before, but usually when it's a far bigger custom control, not one so small/simple.

Thanks for the help!

Thoric

Message Edited by Thoric on 06-16-2008 08:04 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,602 Views)
I want to rate your response, but cannot see an option to rate messages anymore. Has this feature been removed?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,596 Views)
You need to have at least 50 messages posted before you are able to rate other people's replies.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,581 Views)
Unfortunately, corruption can happen with any sized file. Smiley Sad Glad that recreating it fixed the problem.

Message rating has not been removed. However, you cannot rate until you've had 50 posts. This was a compromise the forum moderators reached due to some abuse/misuse.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,579 Views)
I have sometimes seen these sorts of extraneous errors appear when there is another error somewhere in the code. Fix that one and all the others go away too.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,559 Views)