LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I doing wrong? Please I need your HELP!

Hi.  I am currently writing a program to measure temperature by converting voltages into Kelvins, and here is my set up:

I have my thermocouple wires (type K) connected to the Omega cold junction compensator which is connected directly to the Data Acquisition card (ai-2 and ai-ground).  In my DAQ Assist. (Analog input as voltage), I have my min set at -10 volts and my max set at 10 volts, collecting about 100 sample at 1000 (Hz).  The output of this is then connected to the converting thermocouple reading.vi with settings as below:
Temperature unit: Kelvin and Type: K.  The results that I got was about 273 Kelvins (this was measure at room temperature).  What am I doing wrong?

I also tried another method. I have my thermocouple wires (type K) connected to the Omega cold junction compensator which is connected directly to the Data Acquisition card (ai-2 and ai-ground).  In my DAQ Assist. (Analog input as Temperature: Thermocouple).  I set the temperature range from -270 degree Cels. to 1372 degree Cels., type K, and I also tried setting the CJC constant at 0, 23, and 25 but everytime the temperature turns out to be about 3372 degree Cel. What am I doing wrong here?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,185 Views)
A typical cold junction compensator just adds a cold junction reference. Your voltages are still thermoelectric voltages of a few millivolts. +- 10V is probably way too insensitive.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,176 Views)
What voltage range do you suggest then?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,169 Views)
Thanks, unknown is my partner and we figured it out, we changed it from +- 10 to +-0.25, it worked so we appreciate the advice.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,159 Views)