LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warnings when I downconvert from LV8.6 to LV8.0

I tried to downconvert some VIs from LV8.6 to LV8.0.

Automatic Image Scale.jpg

For this VI, after "save to previous version", I received those messages:

The object "Multiply" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
    The object "Multiply" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
    The object "Subtract" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
    The object "Add" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
    The object "Divide" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
    The object "Subtract" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
    The object "Divide" does not support output configuration in the previous version.

I don't have with me LV8.0 and I want to know how to manage those warnings.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,535 Views)

Not 100% sure, but i think 8.0 only results in Doubles, thus the warnings (as you send Singles into the calculations). It shouldn't be any problem more than a couple of red dots in the diagram. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 2 of 8
(3,512 Views)

No, these warning can be safely ignored unless you have manually configured the output type of these functions to be different from the default (which is "adapt to type"). Even then, it is probably not a big deal and you could insert an conversion bullet if needed.

In newer LabVIEW versions you can define the output type via the properties dialog (right-click...properties...output configuration). For example you could define that the multiplication between two DBL would result in a I32 output. If you do this, the output terminal will get a blue dot.

In a better world, these warning should only occur for nodes where you have actually configured the output. Currently, they seem to appear always and for no good reason other than confuse the newcomer. 😉 They simply alert you that the downconverted function has slightly less functionality. This is irreleveant if you did not use the functionality in the new version. 😉

(See also)

Message 3 of 8
(3,504 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Not 100% sure, but i think 8.0 only results in Doubles, thus the warnings (as you send Singles into the calculations). It shouldn't be any problem more than a couple of red dots in the diagram. 🙂

All basic math functions adapt the output to the input type in a reasonbable way, and always have.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,503 Views)

Yeah it felt slightly strange to have a warning for a normal Divide, I haven't noticed the Confige output feature. Split format calculations seems to default to the largest/double format though, in any case you can ignore the warning.

As you said though, unless the feature has been used it shouldn't yield a warning.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,495 Views)

Yamaeda wrote:

As you said though, unless the feature has been used it shouldn't yield a warning.

I agree! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,490 Views)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,485 Views)

This is a good new because I have over 150 warnings. Now I just have to replace some  "For Loop with Conditional Terminal" with While loop.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,480 Views)