LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible/invisible property nodes

Hello,

My question is somewhat complicated...For my program I have Labview connected to a force plate through an invoke node. When the forces on the force plate reach a certain threshold I want Labview to display 1 of 10 different indicators on the front panel. I've designed my program so that a random number generator picks which indicator will be displayed. I created a case structure that has 10 different cases to make all other indicators invisible and to just show the one that was randomly selected.

The problem is that I only want Labview to display just one indicator. For some reason when I run the program Labview is constantly polling the force plate data, and it gives me mulitple indicators, even before the force plate reaches the desired threshold. I tried using a stacked sequence to make sure that the random number generator doesn't fire until the threshold is reached, but for some instances Labview will show 2 indicators on the front panel by flashing one quickly, then finishing on another.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get Labview to only show me one indicator?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,188 Views)

Hi DDUF,

you may use

- a tab container with 10 tabs/pages, each with a single indicator on it. Just switch the pages...

- a picture ring with 10 pictures. Just switch the ring...

How fast/often do you switch the visibility of all those indicators?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,182 Views)

I want them to be invisble at the start of each trial, and then when the threshold is reached I only want Labview to make one visible. Some times it works as I would like, but other times it doesn't not. I'm not sure what the inconsistancy is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,176 Views)

It would be a lot easier to find the issue if you post the code.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,169 Views)

Never mind, I figured it out. I had my indicators on the outside of my case structure, and they needed to be on the inside.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,163 Views)

You have a few problems.

#1 you just are not generating a random number between 1 and 10.

try this:

!0.png

All those comparisons to DBLS aren't doing much for you either.  to enter any case integer must equal the case value. 

All the F constants can be removed too, just use default if unwired and the F is implied unless you wire T to the tunnel.

#2 why are you using 10 booleans when one would do?  You have shown you know what a property node is.  look for Text.Text, Text.Color and Colors[4]

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,150 Views)

Jeff,

Forgive me for being so picky.  A Gaussian distribution (usually spelled with two s's) is also called the Normal Distribution, or "The Bell-shaped Curve".  What you generated was a Uniform distribution.

Pedantic Bob

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,023 Views)

Thanks for keeping me on my toes.  Yes that is a discrete uniform distribution.  (School was a long time ago)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,975 Views)