LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI's

Problem Description :
NI,
  I'm doing a project and need to create a VI for your NI PXI -2530 DMM and a PXI 4070 Multi switch. How do i create a VI to simulate these instruments?
Is
there a tutorial that explains this without using a template? I have to do the
following:

- read a resistor value
- store results in a file
- compare to an previous resistance measurement
- signal Go if measruement is within +/- 1% of compared value; No Go if not
- switch to next resistor and repeat process( 256 times)
- store all results in a file for printing
- clear current file; keep original file

NI Software :  LabVIEW  version 8.2
NI Hardware :  Other device
Driver Version :
Customer Information :

send response to:   mack010904@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,585 Views)
Hi Mack010904,
do you want to simulate these cards? If you have these cards you can use the example finder, there are lots of examples for it.

Hope it helps.
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,583 Views)
Mike,
 I would like to simulate  the cards. This is for a school project and i'm new to Labview...learning as i go. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,578 Views)
Hi Mack010904,
if you install NI-SWITCH then you can add a simulated device under MAX, but i´m not sure if it is also possible with NI-DMM devices.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,574 Views)
I'm using a student version or Labview so, buying additional add ons' is not feasable at this time.
Is there a way to simulate this VI without installing any addtitional software?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,569 Views)
Hi Mack010904,
you can download the drivers on the ni site. See this link for the NI-SWITCH driver:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1045/lang/de

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,564 Views)
The NI Switch driver is not needed in order to simulate the PXI 2530, which is a matrix switch, not a DMM. MAX can simulate this from a standard DAQmx installation. The PXI 4070 is the DMM. As far as I know, to simulate this you need to use NI-DMM and IVI. You can create an IVI simulated device in MAX and use that device in your program.
Message 7 of 8
(2,556 Views)
There is a limit to what the built-in simulation will provide. For a switch, about all that will happen is tha tif you call a switch function, you will not get an error. If you call a DMM function, I'm not sure if you will get a random number or the same number of time.
Message 8 of 8
(2,543 Views)