LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a true/false case to make controls active or in-active

I'm new to LabVIEW so please forgive me for a simple question.  I would like to have a button control on my front panel that if selected, allows input for other controls.  If it is false, then these other controls would be disabled and grayed.  The file below has the case structure set up showing both true and false.  Thanks! Patty

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,601 Views)
You can do this easily with property nodes.  You can right click the controls you want to hide/disable, and go to property node and then select disable or visiable, depending on how you want to handle the controls.

Assume you choose to go with disabling the controls instead of making then "invisible", ie hiding them.  When the button "Noise" is pressed, in the true case, you will have a property node that is for each of the buttons that you want enabled.  Wire a 0 to it to enable it.  In the false case, you can wire a 1 (just disabled) or a 2 (disabled and greyed).  You can find out what each property node does by pressing Ctrl-H to open the help box.

Good luck.
Kenny

Message 2 of 3
(2,588 Views)

Thanks Kenny!  I appreciate the quick response!  I was able to create the property nodes and it works like I want it to. 

Thanks!  Patty

Message 3 of 3
(2,567 Views)