From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a .NET 6 DLL wrapped inside a .NET-Standard/Framework DLL

I have to establish a device Comunication using a .Net 6 Librarry.

I know I can't reference it directly, and so I thought I write my own Wrapper in .Net Standard 2 or .net Framework

My wrapper works, if I try to use it from a Console Application

In LabVIEW i get following Error:

Constructor Node Error creating instance of WrapperTest in assembly WrapperFrameworkTest.WrapperTest, WrapperFrameworkTest, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, (System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)) <append><b>System.IO.FileLoadException</b> in Hudson PH Meter.lvlib:Hudson PH Meter.lvclass:Hundson Wrapper Test VI.vi

To solve this problem, I thought I check where my Test Console application(s)  looking for System.Runtime, Version=4.2.2.0

Followed up by a lot of confusion.

• Test Console in .Net 6 -> uses System.Runtime, Version=6.0.0.0 -> obviously can't use that in LabVIEW
  • Test Console in .Net Standard 2.0 -> Some warnings -> automatic solved 4.2.2.0 dependencies with Version=4.1.2.0 -> if I try to use v 4.1.2 in Labview -> Warnig popup: The version of the assembly you requested was automatically promoted to a later version by the.NET runtime engine. -> automatically changes to 4.0.0.0 ?! -> resulting in same error, cant find 4.2.2.0...
  • Test Console in .net Framework  -> uses System.Runtime, Version=4.1.2.0 (no Warnings) -> if i try to use v 4.1.2 in Labview -> Warnig popup: The version of the assembly you requested was automatically promoted to a later version by the.NET runtime engine. -> automatically changes to 4.0.0.0 ?!? -> resulting in same error, cant find 4.2.2.0...

Trying to download 4.2.2.0 as Labview persists on using that version. -> It dosn't exist in nuget : /

Anyone any experience on how to solve this? 

In C# .NET it says it is fine to use a .NET 6 dll in .Net-Standard /Framework Applications. LabVIEW says it is fine to use .NET-Standard /Framework is this still true if i nest a .net 6 within?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,193 Views)

Hi PaulPascher

This error may be caused for different reasons. I have attached articles that can give solutions in this case. 

The first thing that I would like to mention is .NET Framework Version compatibility with LabVIEW. 

lhovs_0-1679401009069.png

If I have noticed right, you are using LabVIEW 2019, therefor the compatible .NET Framework version is 4.6.2. 

I didn't find any other compatibilities documents to ensure that 4.2.2.0 version is compatible. 

Also, I have found article about Error Loading .NET Assemblies in LabVIEWtry to go through this article to find an appropriate solution or hint. 

Regards)

________

Best way to thank is to give Kudos / Mark as a solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,065 Views)