From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use System Exec IrfanView to open JPEG file

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use System Exec to call Irfanview to open a Jpeg file, and the following error occurs:

"Error 2 occurred at System Exec.vi. Command was "iview32 c:\test3.jpg /hide=3 /pos=(30,30)"

"LabVIEW: Memory is full."

"NI-488: No Listeners on the GPIP"

I then tried to add "cmd /c" in front of the command but the DOS windows just flash open and close and then nothing happen.

I have no problem opening the jpeg in DOS command window.

Anyone can help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,039 Views)

did you try to give the full path to 'iview32'? (as in 'c:\program files\iview32\iview32.exe' (I'm just guessing at the actual path information, you'll have to find the real path))

Message 2 of 6
(3,030 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author splee

you do not need to specify the full path as long as you have the path in your path variable

I think the problem may be that you are using the wrong program name I think it is i_view32 not iview32

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
Message 3 of 6
(3,016 Views)

The name "i_view32.exe" is the correct executable name. However, the path will also be dependent on the bitness of the OS. If installed in the default directory, this will be "C:\Program Files (x86)" on 64-bit operating system.

Message 4 of 6
(3,002 Views)

At least on my system I also get error 2 when I don't specify the path. I think IrfanView does not add its installation directory to the path variable so it is not found when only providing the exe name.

Message 5 of 6
(2,995 Views)

Oops!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,989 Views)