LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update single Table indicator cell without redrawing the entire table

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a program that uses a Table indicator. Each row is a program step and in that row there is a countdown time showing time remaining.

Updating the time remaining cell is easy enough using replace array subset (Is there a better way?) but each time I do that it looks like LabView redraws the entire table on the screen and this causes annoying flashing-blinking of the text in the table.

I have reduced the updates to 500mS and that 'works' but there is still some flashing and 500mS reduces the accuracy of the timing.

Is there a way to update a single cell on a table indicator without redrading the entire table?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,308 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RTSLVU

Tables will always flicker.

Try dropping a decoration on top of it, set to transparent fill/border. I remember discussing that with my field engineer back in LV 8.5 and finding it incredibly annoying at the time.

I believe I'm right in saying that it only needs to be even partly covering it to suppress the display refresh flicker.

Edit - in fact, I *think* it only has to partly cover even the Label of the table to suppress it.

---
CLA
Message 2 of 3
(2,304 Views)

That worked great, now I can set my timeout to 100mS and no flicker.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,252 Views)