LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Excel Error code -2146959355

Application works fine on my computer. When I move the application to another computer I get this error. I also got this error on the same computer when running the excel macro example code.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,453 Views)
Hello,

This error can sometimes occur when different versions of Excel are used on the different computers (2000 vs. XP, for instance). I would check the Excel Active Object that your Automation Refnum is attached to and make sure these objects are the same version on the two different machines.

Also do you know which Invoke Node or VI is throwing this error?

Hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can help with or clarify.

Ken S.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,452 Views)
I am having the same problem. I have confirmed that the two machines are using different versions of Excel. What is the best way to fix this problem without changing either machine's version of Excel?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,400 Views)
Hi BPB,

If it's a VI and not an executable that gives you this error, you can fix the VI by changing the property that throws the error. My guess is that you are using an older version of Microsoft Office (for example Office 97) on the machine that gives the error. In that case you will have to change the property called "Value2" to "Value". "Value2" is a new property that wasn't available in older versions of Microsoft Office.

I searched for the error and found this thread that also discusses it.

If you are running an executable, you will have to have built the executable using the actual version of Microsoft Office. There's no easy way of specifying that you want the executable to be built for another version than installed on the development machine. Check this KnowledgeBase that also describes it:

Error 2146959355 When Running Exe on Machine With Different Version of Office
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,383 Views)