LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidentified object for ActiveX reference

Solved!
Go to solution

There are objects in the following examples that I cannot identify (the program was written by someone else).

There are labeled WINX32Lib.IExpSetup and pFile on the block diagram. There are obviously static ActiveX references, but the Labview context help says "No description available".
What are these, and how can I create them from the functions toolbox ?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,995 Views)

I can only guess they are related to Internet Explorer.

THe help for MS stuff (to the best of my knowledge and its been years since I checked) does not get all of the help files installed in a normal install.

"Back in the day...."

When I was investigating MS control via ActiveX I had to do a custom install of the MS Office stuff and enusre the "Help for VBA" was included.

That's all I can offer.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,986 Views)

They're actually part of the Winview program (used for scientific CCD cameras).

Do you know how to create such elements on the block diagram ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,984 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author calvintiger

@calvintiger wrote:

They're actually part of the Winview program (used for scientific CCD cameras).

Do you know how to create such elements on the block diagram ?

Smiley Happy

I admitted no or little knowledge and you think I can help you crate it?

I'll take the complement and offer what I can in exchange.

Start with droping an ActiveX container on the FP.

Right-click and find an option to browse (or something like that).

There may also be an option to "Create from document" available for some ActiveX stuff.

In the case of browsing find something that looks like what you want (with the help files you will have to explore).

After choosing the AX thingy, go to the BD and start adding property nodes or invoke nodes and see what you find.

I don't know if that will help. It is what I would do if I found myself trying to create code using undocumented AX stuff.

It would be worth tying to serach for help on the web for the AX.

YOu COULD also just drag the code you showed to a new diagram and work for there.

Done with the specualtion!

Have fun!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,980 Views)

Thank you ! At least I know where to start from 🙂

(you'll have to admit that it was not intuitive to have to start from the front panel 😛 )

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,977 Views)

Hello Calvintiger,

I'm trying exactly what you were doing and found the same problem. I followed Ben's suggestion but I didn't find the WINX32Lib.IExpSetup ActiveX object. 

If you already know how to fix it, I would be very greatful if you could tell me. Thank you very much in advance!

Greetings,

Thuy.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,855 Views)

Hi Thuy,

The IEXpSetup is part of winspec. Here's another forum that talks about it a little. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/winspec-and-activex/td-p/1398224  

TimC
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,826 Views)