LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Application Builder

Hello,

I have a LabView 2016 license through my company and have created a VI that I need an executable for so that I can give it to a customer for testing purposes.  Our current license does not support the application builder and I was wondering if there was a 30 day trial for the application builder, or if there was a way to get a one time executable created for a VI?

Does anyone have any information on this?
Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(907 Views)

Short answer - nope, not for commercial use. (As the EXE can run in perpetuity after creation).

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(904 Views)

More elaborate answer: You could install an evaluation version of LabVIEW and use it. The evaluation period of 7 days allows you also to use the Application Builder.

But: You only can download the last version of LabVIEW if you don't have a valid SSP program.

So you have really three options:

1) Buy the application Builder license, but without active SSP you will be in a bind too, as you can't activate it for previous versions

2) Install your LabVIEW 2016 on a second computer in evaluation mode and create your executable there, and get upset when your customer asks you for a bugfix on the software after more than 7 days.

3) Download LabVIEW 2021 and install it and create the executable in evaluation mode, and get again upset when your customer asks you for a bugfix on the software after more than 7 days.

And there will be an evaluation watermark on your built executables!!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(898 Views)