From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout error while acquiring from Blackmagic grabber card

Hi

I am using IMAQdx Grab2 vi to continuously acquire images from a Blackmagic Decklink grabber card. 

The basic snippet is added below:

tdb_0-1646982311594.png

This sub-vi is called repeatedly to generate avi files each of about 10 sec. The session open- close are done at the application start/stop respectively. So once a session is opened, it is not closed till the application exits. The avi file creation is done in a different subvi by dequeueing the image data. 

This code runs fine for first 15-20 minutes when called continuously in a loop. Then the Grab2 function starts returning a few timeout errors (Error code: ) in between. The number of timeout error go on increasing over time and finally I get only timeout errors continuously.  

Things I tried:

- same code works if I acquire images from a Basler camera instead of the grabber card.

Tried only Grab2 in a loop over 8 hours, with the Configure, Start, Stop, Unconfigure steps outside the loop. This worked perfectly with the grabber card. But my code needs the other steps inside the loop as sometimes I need to take a One-shot image too. 

- Increased timeout to 5000 ms. Still getting timeout

- Tried increasing/decreasing buffer size

- Used IMQADx GetImage2 instead of Grab2. Still getting same error.

I am using LabVIEW  2019 32 bit with NI Vision 19.5

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,056 Views)

Hello, etc.b. You set 500ms for the timeout. I think the problem occurs there. Can you try vary this setting? And why are you using the "wait until" function with 250ms? How did you find this value?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(980 Views)

Hi Vazgen

I need the timeout to be less than 700 ms as I am trying to capture an event which lasts for 700 ms max. 

I tried increasing the timeout to even 5000ms. But once timeout starts occurring, nothing seems to recover it. 

The wait of 250 ms is used as I need to capture 4 frames per sec. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(975 Views)

What Grabber Card do you use? Can you send me the whole code including the SubVI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(965 Views)

Hi Vazgen

Sorry for the late reply. 

The grabber card is Blackmagic decklink 8k pro. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/in/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-34

I cannot share the code on an open forum. Hence I had posted the snippet in the first post. I will be able to share more subvis with you if you share your official email id.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(900 Views)