LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The pages of a TabControl have a "Colors" property - what does it do?

Hi,
      I was hoping to use a (LV7.1) tabcontrol and make the pages different colors (to indicate a "state" associated with specific page) so I tried setting Foreground and Background to different colors - but nothing appears to change. Smiley Sad

What does the "Colors" Page-property do?

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Dynamik on 03-20-2006 03:36 PM

When they give imbeciles handicap-parking, I won't have so far to walk!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,101 Views)

You probably have a dialog tab control...you cannot change the colors of any of the objects on the System palette.  Try dropping a tab control from the Containers palette, you should be able to change its colors.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,093 Views)

Hi Darren,

Thanks for quick reply! Smiley Happy

I (re) selected the TabControl from containers, still no (apparent) effect.

?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,091 Views)
The color property for the page is only used if you check Allow Multiple Colors in the Advanced right-click menu (also a tab property).

(3,086 Views)

Thanks tst!

Changed TabControl property to AllowMultipleColors ran VI. page-color changed...

... and LabVIEW promptly crashed! Smiley Very Happy

You guys probably already know this, but page-captions can be changed at run-time too (IndependentLabel = True).

Thanks/Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,078 Views)

"

ran VI. page-color changed...

... and LabVIEW promptly crashed!

"

Yikes!

I think I reported a bug back in LV 6.1 that LV would crash if I changed the color of a tab that was not visable. If you conditionally set the color on only pages that are visable does it still crash?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,067 Views)

Hi Ben,

Saw your post and re-created VI several times, tested color-change with tab-selected/un-selected, tried to follow same steps - unable to reproduce crash. Smiley Happy

Plan to incorporate tab-page-colors in test app. will follow-up (here) if problem recurs.

BTW, thanks for tip! - that work-around could [still] be very valuable.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,056 Views)

"tab-selected/un-selected"

It was for hidden pages. You can right-click and hide the page. It shows up in the "visable" property of the page.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,056 Views)

Yes it is still in LV 7.1.

This VI illustrates what you need to re-create this crash.

Make at least one tab hidden and set the "Crash?" boolean to true to crash.

If someone will confirm this on their machine, I'll post it the the Bug Thread.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 03-20-200605:41 PM

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,056 Views)

You're right - I misunderstood your post, and my app uses the "PageVis" attribute.  But crash occurred on Untitled VI with brand-new TabControl, though there were other VIs open - several with reference controls and maybe one reference-to-reference control.  I've noticed LabVIEW get a bit temperamental in this environment.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,043 Views)