Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The most impressive fact of the new Labview 2024 ...

Issues found for LabView 2024 Q1:

1) Update VIs for a shared library doesn't work. 

2) Help button works differently for the different VIs: 

Some of them LabView Help opens within LabView, others it directs to a website which is loading too slow. 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(463 Views)

@Abu_Rashed wrote:

Issues found for LabView 2024 Q1:

1) Update VIs for a shared library doesn't work. 

2) Help button works differently for the different VIs: 

Some of them LabView Help opens within LabView, others it directs to a website which is loading too slow. 

it directs to a website which is loading too slow:

Changing NI Help Preferences

What exactly do you mean "Update VIs for a shared library doesn't work."?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(454 Views)

I am unable to import a shared library DLL or update a shared library DLL using the import shared library wizard .

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(452 Views)

@Abu_Rashed wrote:

I am unable to import a shared library DLL or update a shared library DLL using the import shared library wizard .

Ah, OK, got this. This tool is "very sensitive", not every header file is suitable for successful conversion. For some libraries it works, for some — not. Or do you have particular library which was successfully imported in prior version and now in 2024 this wizard stops working?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(440 Views)

@Abu_Rashed wrote:

That's OT. This thread is about impressive facts in LV2024...

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(418 Views)

Yes, I used this tool in LabView 2016 without any issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(412 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@Abu_Rashed wrote:

Most impressive for me will be the fact, when import shared lib wizard will really work for any given library. But I don't think that it will happened in near future.

Message 27 of 31
(397 Views)

@Andrey_Dmitriev wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@Abu_Rashed wrote:

Most impressive for me will be the fact, when import shared lib wizard will really work for any given library. But I don't think that it will happened in near future.

I'm not even sure it's feasible.

I think AI will be able to do this (acceptably, not perfect, ) before a man made algorithm 'parsing' the code to match specifications. 

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(368 Views)

@Andrey_Dmitriev wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@Abu_Rashed wrote:

It's equally likely to happen as finding a medication that will cure every disease on earth. Simply impossible to do.

Shared Libraries use a form of interface that is based on the C syntax. The C syntax is not designed to describe an interface completely but to be brief and concise and provide the minimum possible amount of information that lets a C compiler link to it. How the function needs to be called properly is part of the programmers work that calls this function and that requires knowledge based on the description of the function (if the according documentation is available), naming conventions that are just that, conventions that some people use and others abuse, and quite often trial and error until it doesn't crash anymore!

Nothing any automatic tool can do, no matter how much "automatic intelligence" you throw at it.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 29 of 31
(358 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

It's equally likely to happen as finding a medication that will cure every disease on earth. Simply impossible to do.

But ... what about crystals?! 😉

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(334 Views)