From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tektronix waveform trigger index

Hi,

When I get waveform data from my Tek scope it is an array of y values, the time of t0, and the dx.

How do I find out the trigger index? (i.e.. the index into the array where trigger occurred.

Regards,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,397 Views)

What did you set your trigger position to?  I like my trigger position to be at 10%.  So the 10% time would be your trigger point.  I want to say there is a querry to get the trigger index, but I would have to look it up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,387 Views)

So if I understand correctly:

1)      I read the waveform data and (with the samples set to 5M) I get a 5M array of y values

2)      If my horizontal position is set to 50% then index 2.5M is the y value at trigger.

Regards,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,366 Views)

That is the understanding I had.  I really need to find my programmer's guide and look up that command to get the trigger index.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,350 Views)

Can't you get that from t0 and dt?  I know on LeCroys t0 is set so that the trigger is time = 0 by definition.  If you want the array index of that point, it's (idx =  -t0 / dt).  It's been a while since I've programmed a tek scope, but I'm pretty sure it worked the same way.  Otherwise what is t0 telling you?  Is it always set to 0?

-Ian Konen
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,334 Views)