LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP listener fucntion not communicating with Microcontroller

I am Using OEM controller  CSP 2008 having Ethernet Port .

I tried Labview 8.5  programming for communicationg using TCP /IP pallette functions  TCP Listener read and TCP Read but  I  am not getting data . I used  Labview examples  Data Client but it shows the  "serial port buffer overflow error"

can u help me in this regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,774 Views)

HI!

The error 63 (serial port buffer overflow error) you get commonly occurs when you run Client before the Server example.

In order for the Client to find the Server, the Server must be running first. The Client VI sends a request for data, so the Server must be running for that request to be responded to.

for more information visit

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370051P-01/cvi/libref/cvitcp_clients_and_servers/

The above is a just a guess. I will be able to help you more if you tell the exact application you are building. Preferably, post the VI.

Samrat Sah

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,756 Views)

I used TCP read and write functions fo the Labview 8.5 but Err 54 is  shown in Figure

Attached screen of VI for reference

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,721 Views)

Error 63 has 2 explanations:

LabVIEW:  Serial port receive buffer overflow.
=========================
LabVIEW:  The network connection was refused by the server.

Since the OP is doing TCP/IP then it obviously can't be the first.

To OP: You've posted the server VI. Please post the client VI as well.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,715 Views)

Microcontroller based system  acts as server.  Host PC acts as  Client .

The VI program tries open the port and read   data from the server  which is pumping data

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,706 Views)

If you are referring to section 5.3.4.4, I believe that LabVIEW is the server and that your device is trying to connect to LabVIEW. The documentation states that the device will try to connect to the server, and then retry every 100 ms if it fails to connect.

You would want to look at the LabVIEW TCP server examples, and make sure that you match the server port value in the device and the LabVIEW example.

To make things simpler to start, try using UDP. Set the device for UDP and then use the LabVIEW UDP receiver example (again make sure to match the port numbers). UDP does not require a connection, so the testing should be much simpler. If you want to route the data over the internet, you will need to use TCP.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,702 Views)