From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing PXIe 6124 and 5781 IO module sample clock.

I was wondering what the proper way to synchronize a 5781 IO module (mounted on a PXIe-7965R flexrio) and a PXIe-6124 module would be. The clock settings for the 5781 is extremely confusing. I aim to generate a signal at 4MSa/s from the 6124 and read it through the analog inputs at 4MSa/s on the 5781. Right now the phase and amplitude look wrong, presumably because the clocks are out of sync. I know that the 5781's AI are synchronous to 'IO Module Clock 0" which is different from the internal FPGA clock? I am then producing a clock for export on the digital line, but I think I can only make it synchronous to the FPGA clock. But this is producing the incorrect results (phase wraps). What's the proper way of synchronizing these two modules? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(390 Views)

You need to share the same timebase and start trigger.

1. Timebase

1. 5784: The FPGA clock on a FlexRIO device is always synchronized to the 10 MHz or 100 MHz clock on the PXI(e) chassis. There is nothing you need to do. Reference: Synchronizing the R Series or FlexRIO FPGA Clocks to the PXI Backplane
  2. 6124: Refer to the shipping example <LabVIEW>\examples\DAQmx\Synchronization\Analog Input - Synchronization.vi

ZYOng_0-1695335543097.png

2. Start trigger

1. 6124: Export the Start Trigger to PXI_Trig using DAQmx Export Signals VI
  2. 5781: Refer to the shipping example <LabVIEW>\examples\R Series\Advanced\RIO Master-Slave to wait for the PXI_Trig

Message 2 of 2
(357 Views)