LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize pulse generator with receiving ultrasonic signal

hi all, 

im a student performs my final project. Briefly, i generates pulses with pulse generator , square wave 5V/ 100hz, to a transmitter-receiver pair of ultrasonic

transducers.

My aim is to measure the distance between those transducers. I want to synchronize the pulse generator triggering  with the data acquisition from the ultrasonic

receiver, while pulse generator exceeds 4V (ch 0) , record x samples (ch 2). i tried to sample the two signals( square wave and Ultrasonic wave) simultaneously 

and noticed for time delay between them.

i have labview 2010(student edition) and advantech PCI1714UL ( 4 single-ended analog input channels, up to 10Mhz sample rate) with advantech vi's for labview. 

thanks alot,

gal.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,710 Views)

What is the question?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,662 Views)

how can i sample the Ultrasound signals exacly( with the error of the A/D) from the same point while using the Ultrasound pulse generator and labview?

thanks alot, Gal. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,656 Views)

Hi gal.co,

Sounds to me like you are trying to achieve triggerable, synchronized input and output?

I suggest looking through this white paper: Timing and Synchronization Features of NI-DAQmx.

Also, National Instruments does not support the third party Advantech devices. If you require further assistance with the Advantech VIs, I suggest contacting Advantech. It does not hurt to post on the National Instruments forums, however, as other National Instruments customers use various third party drivers and could offer assistance.

David B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,632 Views)