From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch using state machine & automatic array adjustments

Hi all,

Hoping some one can help. I few a few questions with regard to what i've done so far. I'm trying to complete a test which will automatically switch between tests. The issue is it depends on the test type.

Example if i'm testing my fibre cable which is multimode i only complete an insertion loss test. One after the other.

If i'm testing a fibre cable which is singlemode i complete an insertion loss test, then a return loss test.

My test kit is essentially running my pc. I need to press a button on the test kit to pump the data to the pc. I have this working fine with one case structure for insertion loss testing only. When i introduce a new case for singlemode return loss it all stops working.

I've included the VI i've completed so far. To see what i mean please click on the two most inner cases . One is labeled 1, and 0, default. The other is the next outer labeled true and false.

Can someone please tell my why this doesn't swich to the next test?

Next question, if i'm testing multimode only i need 2x insertion loss for each end of my cable. Therefore if i'm testing sinlgemode for IL and RL i need four results. Can i automatically have the array size adjusting depending on which test i perform at the beginning of my testing procedure?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,048 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,045 Views)