From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsystem alone is working , not the VI

Sir,

I need a help .. I have created a subsystem with control design and simulation loop and saved the subsytem. The subsystem alone is working, but the VI which is using the subsystem is not giving result ,the output is given as NaN. The same indicator is giving result in the subsystem. The graph indicator is also not plotted the results. The VI for susytem and the VI is attached here. please help me to get through this..

Thanks & Regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,195 Views)

Hi shanima87,

Have you take up some LabVIEW courses? It is helpful for your work in LabVIEW.

The reason why you would get a NaN value is that in your Subsystem 3.vi, both your La and J constant value is 0. These zero values is passed to a reciprocal function which gives 1/0 (which is Inf in LabVIEW). These Inf values may have been brought forward in the calculation which gives the NaN value. 

Here's some additional info on NaN: http://labviewwiki.org/NaN

Warmest regards,

Lennard.C

Learning new things everyday...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,143 Views)

Sir,

I have given the values for all controls and while running the subsystem i'm getting results. but when it comes to the VI it is not working. I have given values as

Ra = 0.5, La= 0.02, Voltage= 12, J=0.1, B=0.008, Ke=1.5   in the subsystem it gave results . when the values of Voltage =12 and Ke=1.5 in main VI,  it is showing error. Will you please run the VI with these values and see what is the mistake. Is there any other way in running the main VI along with subsystem.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,125 Views)

Hi shanima87,

I have place the parameter as you have mentioned using your code which you have provided by double clicking on the Subsystem 3.vi and set the values there as shown below:

1.JPG

The following are the results:

2.JPG

So the question is, what did you do to change the result? Did you get the same results as above?

Warmest regards,

Lennard.C

Learning new things everyday...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,120 Views)

Thank you very much sir. I gave the values only in the subsystem and not in the configuration dialogue box by double clicking subsystem that was the problem.once again thanking you sir.

Regards

Shanima

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,108 Views)