LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structuring code for reuse

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes of course, not just SVN. It’s just my overriding memory of using SVN.  Ironically the PMs would complain about how much they were being charged for disk space and were determined that it was all SVNs fault!  They’d also create new folders to hold versions of stuff…it was hell!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(166 Views)

@andrewDJ wrote:

Yes of course, not just SVN. It’s just my overriding memory of using SVN.  Ironically the PMs would complain about how much they were being charged for disk space and were determined that it was all SVNs fault!  They’d also create new folders to hold versions of stuff…it was hell!

Data storage is a lot cheaper than developer rework.time 😀  Of course every source code repository keep a copy of every committed source file!  THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!  Does your PM drive a "cavemobile?"

JB_0-1694170374477.png

Or Does he have one with a motor?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(153 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@andrewDJ wrote:

Data storage is a lot cheaper than developer rework.time 😀

Depending on the details...

If you start putting exe and installers in SCC (because you're clueless), and than need several daily reworks (because you're clueless) the data storage will get too expensive (and the developer is overpaid).

Message 23 of 23
(147 Views)