Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying Ethernet Jack / IP Address in TCP Open

I have a PXI card with multiple ethernet jacks and I would like to be able to specify which jack is to be used for incoming and outgoing communications. I have been able to handle the incoming communications by using the net address property of the TCP Create Listener VI, but I can't seem to find anything similar that would allow me to specify which jack is to be used for outgoing communications. Can anybody suggest how I might solve this problem?

Thanks
Ben
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,469 Views)
What is this PXI card and what do you have hooked up to it? Is it a router/hub or something else?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,461 Views)
I don't think that it is a router or a hub. It  just acts like multiple network cards. I don't know the model number right now.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,458 Views)
If it's a multiple NIC, then in order to be able to use different ports, each port would have to be assigned a different subnet. If they are all configured for the same subnet, the OS will just use the first port it finds to communicate with a device on that subnet. There is nothing in the LabVIEW tcp/ip functions that allows you to override this.
Message 4 of 6
(2,449 Views)
We clearly need more information on how the card is configured. What is the OS?

Is this just a network card with multiple interfaces? Is each interface connected to a different subnet? In this case the routing tables will determine which interface needs to be used for any given outgoing connection. For any given destination IP, only one interface is appropriate in this case.

If multiple interfaces are on the same subet, there must be something to configure things e.g. for policy based routing, load balancing, or similar. The LabVIEW application shouldn'd need to worry about these things.
Message 5 of 6
(2,447 Views)
Okay, it looks like putting certain ports onto the same subnet will be sufficient for my application. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,438 Views)