From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Configuation Management for Labview

We are a small medical device company that uses labview to develop our software applications.  We would to implement a software configuration management package to control our source code.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good package to use with labview?  I have used Perforce previously and am looking that way again.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,463 Views)
There are a number of packages that will work with LabVIEW if you want to integrate the source code control program with LabVIEW. Perforce will work, as will Microsoft's Visual SourceSafe and CVS (a free one). I've heard that Subversion (a variant of CVS) works as well. Just in terms of operational compatibility with LabVIEW any of these will work. The real question isn't what will work, but rather what you configuration management process is, and what your software development process is. That, more than anything else, will dictate which tool fits your needs.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,458 Views)
The following KB answers that question. You can also do a search on 'Source Code Control' on our website to find more about this.
Which Third-Party Source Control Providers Can I Use with LabVIEW 8.0 and later?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,399 Views)