From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulated device in MAX, self tests without error and has working Test Panels, but doesn't show up in DAQ assistant.

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to create a development machine where we can test new code without using our physical hardware. I've followed this guide in setting up a simulated device. I can get to step 3.2b, but the device does not show up in the DAQ assistant. In MAX, the device self tests and self calibrates successfully, and when I open the test panels, I see some sort of signal. I assume this is a default simulated input since I haven't told the device to look for anything? Note that the two devices I'm trying to create show up in the Devices and Interfaces section, but that even after running Self-Calibrate, the Self-Calibration date is still unspecified.

max_panels.png

When I try to test the device and create a voltage input according to the guide, I am unable to see either device in the DAQ task creator.

daq_assist.png

Steps 1 and 2 of this guide are obviously satisfied. Step 3 is not, but this is unsurprising since a simulated device wouldn't be found in the Device Manager anyways. Also, I am not running RT, so step 4 is satisfied.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,671 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author barriboy

That would be because the PXI 5124 is a digitizer not a analog input device.  You need to use the NI SCOPE driver not NI DAQmx

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(2,666 Views)