cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show only used VIs in VI Hierarchy instead of All Polymorphic Versions of a VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

When you pull up the VI hierarchy for a program, you get a diagram showing every polymorphic version of a VI used in your program (at least I do).  Is a check box hiding somewhere that I haven't found that will only put the VIs in the hierarchy that I actually call in my program?  For example, if I use the "DAQmx Create Virtual Channel" polymorphic VI in my program, and only the "AI Input" version is used, I still get every version, which is several, listed in the VI hierarchy.  This clutters the diagram quite a bit.  Instead of one icon appearing in the hierarchy, it is more like 20 or 30.

Anybody out there know what can be done?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,479 Views)

I meant to say "AI Voltage" when I said "AI Input" in the first message.

I guess no one else out there has this problem.  Thanks to everyone who read my first post.  I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,452 Views)
I suspect no one replied because, to my knowledge, there is no way to show only the used polymorphic VI instances in the VI hierarchy window.  I have a feature request for this, but don't want to get your hopes up regarding when it might be coming, as quite frankly, I'm not sure.  But feedback like this does bump the request up a bit, thanks, and sorry to not have a better answer for you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author InternationAL

Thanks, Jeff, for confirming what I was afraid of.  I was wondering where they hid that darn check box! Smiley Very Happy

I am guessing the code that creates the VI hierarchy diagram must have been written before polymorphic VIs, and it loops through finding all loaded VIs to add them to the diagram.  When any one version of a polymorphic VI is called, all the versions get loaded and found by the code that creates the diagram.  If only the specific version of a polymorphic VI loads, then this theory doesn't work.

If I've helped you, and me, get this feature implemented, I am glad I could be of assistance.

I appreciate your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,434 Views)