From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut run-time menus and ActiveX

I'm working on a Labview video player with four instances of VLC embedded in it, as ActiveX controls.  After some help from the forum, it runs very well, but I would like to implement custom right-click menu's for the ActiveX windows.  Currently, nothing happens when the user right-clicks on the ActiveX control.  I've tried enabling the shortcut menu, editing the menu, etc, and nothing worked.  I've tried overlaying another transparent control over top of the ActiveX window, but the ActiveX control seems to want to be on top no matter what I do.  Any ideas?

Running LV 8.6.1f

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,347 Views)

i tried the same with windows media player since i dont have VLC.. Did you use the shortcut menu activation property? see the attched vi

1.png

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,325 Views)
I tried your solution, but no joy.  It looks like your program is designed to set menu items programmatically, however, I'm fine setting the menu in edit mode, I just want to get the right click menu to show up at all.  Did I misunderstand your vi?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,314 Views)

You said "but I would like to implement custom right-click menu's for the ActiveX windows"

so the program is designed to set menu items programmatically.

Guru

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,304 Views)

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your information..Its working..I have used farpoint Spreadsheet activex control in my labview application in which i tried to use shortcut activation menu (IInsert Row and Delete Row).. Last two days  i tried different different methods and lost in that.. atlast i googled and got your forum reply..Its simple solution which i missed to notice..Thanks again..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,911 Views)