LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting out a spreadsheet inluding description of AI channel and Timestamp

I am recording 128 anologue channels and would like to have a spreadsheet (name of spreadsheet file given by looking in the contents of another file i.e file.txt contains 1234 therefore spreadsheet file is called 1234.txt) which has the channel name (AI0 = name given by virtual channel already defined i.e css_L1_01) at the top of the spreadsheet and a timestamp for each sample (as below)

Time/s css_L1_01 css_L1_01 css_L1_01
0.2 5.12 1.34 2.4
0.4 etc etc etc
0.6 etc etc etc
0.8 etc etc etc

I am doing this in a while loop so I could use the increment counter a
nd times it by the time per loop (200ms) but I am having difficulty geting a proper output.

To summarise I would like to be able to get the virtual channel names and put them on top of the data aquired and I would like it timestamped and the spreadshhet given a name which is aquired by looking at the contents of a file.

I have been trying to do this for days with no luck!! Any help would be most appreciated

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,324 Views)
Hi Dave
Try this, I use a csv format, but you can modify it for your requirements. The file containing the filename assumes there is no file extension.
Message 2 of 3
(2,324 Views)
Thank you very much. When you see someone else do it it seems so easy and yet it would of taken me weeks to get close!!!!!

Nice
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,324 Views)