From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting ones and zeros bit by bit to a 16 bit unsigned int?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to write data to DACs to control the voltages applied to 64 (8x8 grid) different pins on a piece of hardware. I currently have an 8x8 string array of the bit strings (ones and zeros) necessary to be written and control the specific DAC. Is there any way I can convert this 8x8 array of ones and zeros stored as a string into an 16 bit unsigned integer 8x8 array of those same ones and zeros? I am having an issue where I end up losing the leading zeros from the string when converting to unsigned int.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,227 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lmcohen2

Show a VI that demonstrates what you are talking about.

An integer can't lose leading zeroes.  A 16-bit integer will have 16 binary digits.  Perhaps you don't see the leading zeroes because you are displaying the integer in an indicator as a binary display format that isn't showing them.  You can change the display format to be binary, have 16 digits padded with leading zeroes.

Message 2 of 3
(2,223 Views)

That solved my problem, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,208 Views)