LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial (RS422)Labview VI becomes slower at some time, need help !!

Hello, 

I am receiving data on RS422 with BR 926100. My application runs fine, but sometimes it becomes very slow (happens ones in a month) and I am losing the data. I am using another application in C++ to receive the data at the same time, but no data missing occurs. This issue makes my VI in LabVIEW unreliable at that time. plz help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(674 Views)

Hello, I am receiving data on RS422 serial port with a baud rate of 926100. The fresh packet is received after 15ms. The length of the packet is 52bytes with header ATE and in the end, CRC16 is computed to validate the packet. The issue is that I am encountering data loss or missing the packets in a large number. I am also enclosing snaps shots of my code. I) shows ports configuration and 2) is packet receiving logic which I am using.

Regards

SA

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(670 Views)

I assume this is related (duplicate?) to this post.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(649 Views)

@Saqib51 wrote:

Hello, I am receiving data on RS422 serial port with a baud rate of 926100. The fresh packet is received after 15ms. The length of the packet is 52bytes with header ATE and in the end, CRC16 is computed to validate the packet. The issue is that I am encountering data loss or missing the packets in a large number. I am also enclosing snaps shots of my code. I) shows ports configuration and 2) is packet receiving logic which I am using.

Regards

SA

You should watch this video: VIWeek 2020/Proper way to communicate over serial

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(633 Views)