LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a signal to 1 of 2 different pins on a DAQ device

I am trying to make a VI that simply sends a digital signal to 1 of 2 pins on my DAQ device. Is there an easier way to differenciate between the two pins then using two different virtual channels?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,152 Views)

Try the attached.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,141 Views)

@Markhipov wrote:

I am trying to make a VI that simply sends a digital signal to 1 of 2 pins on my DAQ device. Is there an easier way to differenciate between the two pins then using two different virtual channels?

Do you realize that your "0" case can never execute? An important point to take from Adnan's example is that the VI doesn't continuously apply a signal to a line.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,138 Views)

sorry I have LabVIEW 8.6, I cannot see your VI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,131 Views)

Here you go in 8.6. Also, please note to read two lines you will have something like this in the channel constant: Dev1/port0/line0:1

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,116 Views)

what do you mean by "VI doesn't continuously apply a signal to a line".

and there is no event to handle stop case ......

please explain

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,110 Views)

Yes, an extra event would be needed to handle the stop case. Sorry I built it up really quick.

Alok, there is a difference between using an event structure and simply running a while loop. That should help you understand why he wrote that.

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,101 Views)

thanks for reply Adnan,

i know the difference between simply running a while loop and using event structure ( though i am pretty new to labview), 

ok i have to admit that while writing this post i think i got the point.

Thanks again................... 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,097 Views)