From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting part of signal on the waveform graph

Hello people,

I am developing a VI for Heart Rate Variability Analysis. I have plotted a Power spectrum Density plot. I however am not not able to select frequency ranges by sliding bars on the waveform graph. I would like to select a part of the displayed signal and process it (calculate power). It seems simple yet I cant get it. I think ti is to do with property node, but there are so many, I cannot figure out the right one.

Solution please.

Thank You

Jas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,485 Views)
You could try to create your own sliding bars, but I think it will be easier to simply use the built-in Graph Palette which contains a zoom tool to allow you to select ranges of a graph. Once it's zoomed in you can get the zoomed range from the XScale.Range.Minimum and XScale.Range.Maximum.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,479 Views)

What I really want to do is calculate power for a range of frequencies in FFT.

I have plotted the PSD and extracted the frequency ranges from the PSD array by specifying index values in teh array. Does this sound reasonable???

Also I now need to calulcate power for this range of frequency. How can I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,419 Views)
You could use graph cursors. I often use them in such cases

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,414 Views)