LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Array need help

Im new to labview and i need help with D6.1 in labview 2009

Construct a VI that searches the values of an input array of numbers for specified value. If the specified value is found in the array, the vi should indicate that by turning on the LED and by indicating the corresponding index of the array 

thank for any and all help you can give

Message 1 of 5
(3,326 Views)

Use Search 1D Array.  If an item was not found, it passes out an index of -1.  So use Greater or Equal to 0 to tell if the item was found.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,320 Views)

Ok i will try this just wanted to add

Im not looking for someone to do my homework. I just would like some help. To give me like a hint or a small push in the right direction. Or even link to sites or video anything will help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,292 Views)

Ok i will try this just wanted to add

Im not looking for someone to do my homework. I just would like some help. To give me like a hint or a small push in the right direction. Or even link to sites or video anything will help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,291 Views)

People on this Forum will help you to understand how LabVIEW works. We do expect that you will make a reasonable effort to figure things out for yourself and will at least attempt to follow the advice posted.  The hint given by crossrulz should be sufficient to get you to a solution.

When you are programming in LV keep the Context Help window visible. When you move the cursor over an object on the block diagram or on the palettes, a description of the object is shown in the Context Help window and usually there is a link to more Detailed Help.  This is a great learning aid and even many of us who have been using LV for 20 years or more keep that window open.

The palettes also have a search capability.  Typing "search array" into the search box gives two possibilities, one of which is the one recommended.  Sometimes you may need to try several different search terms because you may not know exactly what NI has called the function or VI you want.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,265 Views)