From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting - Connector Pane Ref.

Hello everyone. I am trying to figure out if there is a way for labview to see if something is wired/connected to the connector pane. I have a bug in an application I am working on because it is showing all Indicators and Controls. But I only need the ones that are connected. Has anyone worked on anything similar to be able to give some insight on this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,127 Views)

Your could set the default values of the controls to values that would never occur if real data is sent in; then when the VI runs compare the value in the control to the default value.

To actually determine if a pin is wired, you need a reference not to the VI, but to the instance of the subVI on the caller's block diagram (which would only be accessible in the development environment).  However I don't know of any way for a VI to determine from which subVI instance it was called.

It might be possible to do what you want with malleable VIs.

Or as a last resort, XNodes.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,111 Views)

What you are asking for was proposed as an idea on the LabVIEW Idea Exchange, but unfortunately was declined.

You may want to read that thread though.  New property of Method to indicate, if an input of a sub-VI is connected to some source inside the c...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,103 Views)