LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP8T switches control using labview (1 input 64 outputs)

Hi there,

I have a board with 1 input port and 64 Output ports and want to test it using VNA.

I could not find any switch with 1 input and 64 outputs. 

So going to buy 9 of SP8T switches. 1st switch will work as main and will connect to next 8 switches to make 64 outputs.  (PLEASE SEE ATTACED .png FILE FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING)

Before I buy these switches, can anyone help me that what other stuff I need to buy as someone said I need to buy Controller that will control these all switches.

and

If i need to buy controller, what about the LabVIEW program. Is it going to be any driver and Express VI to control these switches.

Thanks

Rana

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,521 Views)
What other hardware you may or may not need is dependent on the type of switch you buy and its interface to the computer. The possibilities are almost endless - USB, RS232, GPIB, Ethernet, digital I/O, etc. Why haven't you specified the make and model so someone can provide a reasonable answer? The image you posted its not at all useful.

The possibility of having a driver is also dependent on the make and model. You can search the instrument driver network yourself to see if it's there.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,507 Views)

Hi Faheem,

Thanks for posting your question. As mentioned, we'll need more information on the switches and even about the application. We have dedicated sales engineers who would be able to recommend a controller further to a discussion of what it is you are looking to achieve. I'll have one of our sales engineers contact you for further assistance.

Regards,

Soloman

Application Engineer (CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,456 Views)