LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI - PXI platform - DAQmx compatibility

Hello,

I need just an information that I am not finding on internet.

I have an hardware which is SCXI-1001 through PXI-1031.

What is more I have an application which requires the DAQmx 19.

In my system the PXI platform and DAQmx installed version are both 18.

I am afraid that if upgrade the DAQmx to 19 the compatibility with PXI platform is lost and if I upgrade also the PXI platform above the 18 the compatibility with the hardware is lost.

I hope someone can help me telling me which is the last PXI platform version compatible with my hardware and which is the latest DAQmx version compatible with the PXI platform.

Many thanks people

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(1,115 Views)

Hi ico,

@ico82 wrote:

I have an hardware which is SCXI-1001 through PXI-1031.

What is more I have an application which requires the DAQmx 19.

In my system the PXI platform and DAQmx installed version are both 18.

According to this your PXI is still supported with current LabVIEW/DAQmx and Windows: PXI vs. DAQmx and Windows

(Be warned: that PXI-1031 is end of life, last order date was 31.12.2021. On the other hand that last order date also guarantees the chassis is still supported…)

You forgot to supply some information: how/where is the SCXI-1001 (it's just a chassis) connected to your PXI-1031 (it's also just a chassis!)? Usually there is some DAQ card in between…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(1,109 Views)

While the PXI chassis may still be supported, SCXI certainly isn't. According to this chart, the latest DAQmx version to support SCXI was DAQmx 9.3. That was before DAQmx supported Windows 10! And due to driver signing requirements of Windows 10 and later, it is unlikely that you can get DAQmx 9.3 installed under Windows 10.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(1,071 Views)

Hi Rolf,

I was using several SCXI chassis connected to different DAQ cards on Win7/10 using LabVIEW2011 and DAQmx>=9.3.5.

(The only reason not to upgrade those systems to LV2014 or LV2017 were those CAN cards I used in parallel to SCXI…)

According to this document SCXI support dropped from DAQmx about 10 years later!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(1,062 Views)

Well,

Many thanks to everybody, it's clear that my system cannot officially work.

However it worked well untill now on windows 10, with PXI platform 18 and DAQmx 18.

Now it's required the DAQmx 19 and I would understand if someone already explored this configuration.

I'll try it by myself and write the result soon.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(1,054 Views)

Hi ico,

@ico82 wrote:

However it worked well untill now on windows 10, with PXI platform 18 and DAQmx 18.

Now it's required the DAQmx 19 and I would understand if someone already explored this configuration.

When it works with DAQmx18 you should stick with it. Why is it required to upgrade to DAQmx19?

According to the link in my previous message SCXI support was dropped with DAQmx19.1, so if you find some DAQmx19.0 you might have luck…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,051 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

According to this document SCXI support dropped from DAQmx about 10 years later!

Wow! We stopped using SCXI many many moons ago, long before it was factually discontinued by NI. But I was under the impression that DAQmx stopped supporting that earlier, soon after SCXI was declared mature.

I don’t suppose that you have enough God power to cause someone within NI to correct that document I found? Although at the current state of NI, the best we can get is probably that someone removes that document from the document management system entirely, as they did with many others already that would have been still useful somehow.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,035 Views)

Hi GerdW,

@GerdW  ha scritto:

When it works with DAQmx18 you should stick with it. Why is it required to upgrade to DAQmx19?

We are using a compiled software which the distributor decided to upgrade with LW19 and DAQmx19.

@GerdW  ha scritto:

According to the link in my previous message SCXI support was dropped with DAQmx19.1, so if you find some DAQmx19.0 you might have luck…

This is the good news, many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,030 Views)

@ico82 wrote:

Hi GerdW,

@GerdW  ha scritto:

We are using a compiled software which the distributor decided to upgrade with LW19 and DAQmx19.

I’m having a difficulty to understand this.This software you get from your distributor/contractor is a different tool you use on the same machine than one you developed for using your SCXI hardware? If not, how can they upgrade without making sure their system still works as before?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,027 Views)

@rolfk  ha scritto:

I’m having a difficulty to understand this.This software you get from your distributor/contractor is a different tool you use on the same machine than one you developed for using your SCXI hardware? If not, how can they upgrade without making sure their system still works as before?

They give us the new version of the executable that it properly works with its own installer but I use it with the old installer in order to avoid the upgrade of the PXI platform in order to use the old hardware and upgrade just the driver that need to be upgraded.

I know I am doing something that must be avoided however we have the hardware and we need to use it.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(1,023 Views)