From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running python code that runs a labview DLL from labview 2016

I have inherited some python code from someone else (not sure I can post it online directly). I don't understand how it works, but I know that it calls a labview DLL, and I can run it on one computer that has labview 2016 installed on it.

I have a second computer that I would like to run it on, but I haven't had any luck yet. My university gives me access to labview 2020, but I still receive (different) error messages when I run it. (Current error message is [Error 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application).

Is it possible that this is a compatibility issue and if I install labview 2016, I'll be able to fix this issue? I don't believe the python code actually runs labview other than calling the dll.

Any ideas for troubleshooting?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(802 Views)

I guess this error comes from the runtime environment. You might want to try if installing the 32bit 2016 runtime (https://www.ni.com/de-at/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview-runtime.html) solves the issue. I recommend trying this in a virtual machine or ensuring that You can roll back your working computer, to prevent making things worse.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(779 Views)