LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running python code that runs a labview DLL from labview 2016

I have inherited some python code from someone else (not sure I can post it online directly). I don't understand how it works, but I know that it calls a labview DLL, and I can run it on one computer that has labview 2016 installed on it.

I have a second computer that I would like to run it on, but I haven't had any luck yet. My university gives me access to labview 2020, but I still receive (different) error messages when I run it. (Current error message is [Error 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application).

Is it possible that this is a compatibility issue and if I install labview 2016, I'll be able to fix this issue? I don't believe the python code actually runs labview other than calling the dll.

Any ideas for troubleshooting?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(785 Views)

I guess this error comes from the runtime environment. You might want to try if installing the 32bit 2016 runtime (https://www.ni.com/de-at/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview-runtime.html) solves the issue. I recommend trying this in a virtual machine or ensuring that You can roll back your working computer, to prevent making things worse.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(762 Views)