Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Project Or Code fro myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! 

First stating that I am quite new to the LABVIEW ecosystem, any advice is apreciated.

I have a myRIO running as a A/D converter - all is fine. 

Unfortunatly i managed to loose the project files and want to check a parameter for the PMW part of the code.

Is there a way to use LABVIEW to read out and recover the code from the myRIO so that i can get to the information? 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(455 Views)

Hi ipatfst,

@ipatfst_pt wrote:

Is there a way to use LABVIEW to read out and recover the code from the myRIO so that i can get to the information? 

No.

@ipatfst_pt wrote:

Unfortunatly i managed to loose the project files

No backup? No SCC tool? Nothing?

Spoiler
Kein Backup, kein Mitleid! 😉
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ipatfst_pt

No! Normally when you build a Realtime application and deploy it to the RIO, what happens is that all the diagrams get stripped in the process of building the realtime executable. Only the executable itself is copied to the target.

If you choose to build a debug build, there are still diagrams in the built executable but it's not very trivial to get at them. The project itself NEVER gets moved to the target so that is definitely and ultimately lost if you don't have some backup of your entire project.

And yes, there are things like Version Control software that help to prevent exactly the problem you are in now. A simple backup application can help too, but isn't as convenient as Version Control.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(447 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi ipatfst,

@ipatfst_pt wrote:

No.

@ipatfst_pt wrote:

Unfortunatly i managed to loose the project files

No backup? No SCC tool? Nothing?

Spoiler
Kein Backup, kein Mitleid! 😉

Unfortunately the files did not survive the developer leaving and the organization getting restructured.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(403 Views)