LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real- time peak detection and export

Hello people,

i know this topic has been extensively answered on this forum and but after spending day i still can't make it happen.

I am acquiring a sinusoid at a sampling rate of 20 Khz, with 2Khz samples per channel. For test, i have a sine signal with frequency 500Hz. This means i have a peak every 40 points.

With this i can see that i have 50 peaks per second ( which makes sense since i have 2000 samples per second).

Now when i try to export this into a text file, i could export my sine signal as expected, but for peaks i only get 50 peaks no matter how long i record.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,586 Views)

If you attach your VI or project, you might get some help. Otherwise people cannot see your code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,553 Views)

zezendapuss wrote:

I am acquiring a sinusoid at a sampling rate of 20 Khz, with 2Khz samples per channel. For test, i have a sine signal with frequency 500Hz. This means i have a peak every 40 points.

With this i can see that i have 50 peaks per second ( which makes sense since i have 2000 samples per second).

Let's clean up some terminology first.  You have a sample rate of 20kS/s.  Each time you read the buffer, you read 2kS.  So each iteration is 100ms.  So you are detecting 50 peaks/iteration, which makes sense (500Hz•0.1s=50).

Now as to your problem, my guess is that you are overwriting your file each iteration.  But without code, that is a complete guess.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,550 Views)

Here is the vi i have been using. I could plot the peaks in the graph but still cant figure out how to export these peaks in a txt file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,516 Views)