LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read LabVIEW Measurement File gives Errors - a BUG

Dear NI tech support

I have found an error in the Read LabVIEW Measurement File. As I try to read a normal data file created by the Write LabVIEW Measurement File, I received the error 100. As I investigated the issue, the problem is in the ex_GetHeaderFromChunk.vi. Sometimes, for an empty input chunk, it is unable to cut the header correctly, and the next data reading would then return an error. The problem was found in 3 out of 15 data files (all very large).

I have managed to find a temporary solution by changing the chunk size from 65000 to a much higher number (+1...N).

Regard
Albert
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,792 Views)

Hi Albert,

Thank you for pointing this out! What version of LabVIEW are you using? Would it be possible for you to post the code and files (one that it works with, one that it doesn't) to our FTP site (and post what folder you put it in) so that we can try to reproduce the error? Thank you again!

Stephanie

Message 2 of 7
(2,770 Views)

Dear Stephanie,

Upon your request, I am uploading an example onto the ftp site. The file name is dataX7.zip.

It includes the data file (the smallest of the ones that did not work), the LV program to run, and a text file with some old comments.

The largest data file I have is 1.6GB. It took me several hours to find the chunk size that would allow me to process the file successfully.

LV is v7.1.

Regards

Albert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,749 Views)
I downloaded your code and ran it and didn't get Error 100. Can you give me some information as to where you are getting the error (run Highlight Execution mode to see)? Did you have the vi and the lvm file in the same folder when you ran it? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,725 Views)
What version of LabView did you use to receive no errors? I used 7.1. This error might have already been corrected in the current release. Please let me know in which version was this error corrected.

I did run the VI in the same directory, as well as from another directory. This makes no difference.

The error happened in LVM segment #28. Could you please let me know what other information you require.

By the way, you would not be able to run the debugging on these VIs, since they are re-enterant. Moreover, the FIND would not find many attributes (e.g. text "100") in these VIs (perhaps this is v.7.1 problem and has been corrected).

Kind regards
Albert
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,710 Views)

Hi Albert,

I don't know what is different today but I got the error in both 7.1 and 8.2.1 (weird). I will be submitting this as a CAR to R&D to look into. I'm glad you at least have a workaround! Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,674 Views)

I am always glad to help

Regards

Albert

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,657 Views)