LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about FreezesPanes, FormatConditions and Delete Sheet with ActiveX

While save a table to MS Excel using ActiveX, how to:

1. For the 3rd row, if the value less than 1.67, printing that cell with color 13551615;

2. Freeze the 5th row;

3. Delete sheet 3;

The following pic. captured from Macro, pls help.

Prase.png

"I think therefore I am"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,238 Views)
So what is the LabVIEW question? What you have here should be posted on s MS forum.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,225 Views)

Question is how to use activeX method or property to fulfill the three function?

like this property can set the font size of the letters you saved to Excel.

1212.png

"I think therefore I am"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,210 Views)
OK but that is still an Excel question. The methods and properties work the same regardless of the language.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,111 Views)

Thank you for already following my suggestion to post your own Question.  So here is a followup question to Mike Porter's -- why LabVIEW?

I'm going to digress a bit here -- I have a colleague who wants LabVIEW to be installed on a big Super-Computer that he wants to use because it has some very powerful image-processing software.  Why does he want LabVIEW?  Because he wants to do a Directory Search for all the files on this machine (which has many terabytes of storage) that match a given pattern.  And he knows LabVIEW.  "When your only Tool is a Hammer, every Problem is a Nail".

What is it that you want to do in LabVIEW?  How does it interact with Excel?  It sure sounds like you are using LabVIEW to avoid developing VBA code ...

If you really need to use LabVIEW, look at the Report Generation Toolkit that ships with modern releases of LabVIEW.  It is surprisingly easy to use, quite versatile, and may well be able to handle your task.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,016 Views)
Good points all, Bob. But if the OP wants to use LabVIEW to replace VBA, I'm fine with that. It is a far better development environment. The problem is that he apparently knows how to use property nodes and invoke nodes. What he is needing is to know which properties and methods to use -- and that is not a question of how LabVIEW works, but a question of how Excel works.

Actually, it is more of a case of how his particular version of Excel works. MS is famous (infamous?) for rewriting the Excel API every couple years just for the heck of it. Which gets back to one of Bob's points: the report generation toolbox might give you what you need. If not it, there are many other companies that make report generation software.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,998 Views)